Congratulations on selecting to serve as an Army Officer and considering the U.S. Army Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) program. The PaYS program aligns you with five military friendly employers who each guarantee you a job interview upon completion of your Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) requirements.
STEPS TO SUCCESS
1. Contact your PaYS partner(s) point of contact with an introductory e-mail - find contact information in the Cadet portal
2. Maintain communication and build rapport with your PaYS partner(s) while attending college.
3. Research your PaYS partner(s) product(s), service and history. Tailor each resume to the individual PaYS partner, demonstrating how your skills, experience, training and education meet the employer's needs.
- Use expertise of the Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP) counselors and website (https://www.sfl-tap.army.mil/default.aspx) to develop a professional resume.
- Use language a civilian will understand, do not use military acronyms.
- Ask ROTC cadre, SFL-TAP counselors or college classmates to review the final resume.
4. Prepare for the individual job interview. Anticipate questions.
- What do you know about this organization?
- Why do you want to work for this organization?
- What can you contribute to this organization?
- How will your ROTC leadership training benefit this organization?
- Why are you more qualified than other applicants?
- Have examples ready to show how you have overcome obstacles with successful results.
5. Be prompt, positive, enthusiastic.
6. Dress for success, relax and smile!
Do not assume you have the job. The Army PaYS program guarantees you job interviews only. You must prepare for each interview process and be the best candidate to secure the job.
For additional assistance contact the PaYS helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org