Congratulations on nearing completion of your first term of service in the U.S. Army! If you choose to ETS, job interviews are guaranteed with the organizations you elected upon your initial enlistment. The following information will assist you in completing this process:
1. Contact the PaYS helpdesk via email - email@example.com to obtain specific information about your PaYS partners. PaYS Soldiers can find specific information about their PaYS opportunities by logging into the PaYS Information Exchange - https://www.armypays.com/PIX/auth/login.html.
2. Research your PaYS partners' websites to find information about their products and services.
3. Prepare a professional resume. The U.S. Army Transition Assistance Program (TAP) counselors are experts at converting military training and experience into language recognized by civilian human resource personnel. (https://www.armytap.army.mil/)
4. Tailor your resume to demonstrate how your skills, experience, training and education meet each employer's needs.
Do not use military acronyms.
Resume should be no more than 2 pages (1 page is preferable).
5. Prepare for each individual job interview; anticipate questions:
What do you know about the organization?
Why do you want to work here?
What can you contribute to this organization?
How will your Army training and experience benefit this organization?
6. Have examples ready to show how you have overcome obstacles with successful results.
7. Be prompt, positive and enthusiastic.
8. Dress for success, relax, smile and make eye contact.
Do not assume you have the job. The Army PaYS program guarantees you job interviews only. You must prepare for each interview process and be the best candidate to secure the job.
For additional assistance contact the PaYS helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org